Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor day without the labor

Eric took the kids for a bike ride. I went to the store briefly (there went my "I am not going anywhere today") but I thought we should eat dinner. I am doing laundry (not fun but not so bad, although I do not like putting it away). We have the air on so the house is comfortable.

I hope everyone else is enjoying an extra day off. Too bad this doesn't happen every week. Eric has his flex on Friday so he only has to work three days this week. He scored! (although he always works at home, at least he doesn't have to GO to work).

The kids start school Thursday. Okay, get this, they have been bugging me, and I mean bugging me, to go get school supplies. (what do they need really?) So today I give Bradley four pens. Do you know what he has the nerve to say? "Why are you giving them to me already, I don't need them until Thursday". Oh my gosh, THREE WEEKS they have been asking to go buy school supplies and here I give him a few pens a few days early, and what the hell am I thinking? If I said it once, I have said it a thousand times, if children were born as teenagers, parents would only have one child!

So, enjoy the rest of your day. Watch something good on tv (no football!) and just remember the work week is shorter!

No comments: