Saturday, October 15, 2005

gas?

Last night we went to Robinson-May to look at the furniture sale (we got some great stuff!). We thought we could fit the leather love seat in the van but no! We had about 35 minutes to go home, drop off the kids and go back (minus one seat so it would fit!). I had NO gas. Eric said we won't make it home. There was no Chevron close to where we were and not one that I could think of within a close distance, so on to the freeway I went. The Main Place Mall is only about 4 miles from home and the gas station isn't too far from the freeway.

That was the longest 4 miles ever. I have never been afraid I would run out of gas (I usually fill up as soon as the light is on) and then at 8:30pm, on the freeway, with my whole family in the car. YIKES! We did make it, but the whole way my heart was beating fast, my stomach hurt, I was nervous!

Eric did make it back to the store in time. We spent about 45 minutes arranging and rearranging the living room. Finally we are good! New furniture and more places to sit. We needed more places to sit!

No comments: