Friday, December 09, 2005

up again

What I wouldn't do for one full nights sleep. If Diego doesn't wake up, it is Siobhan. If Siobhan doesn't wake up, it is something in my head that won't allow me to sleep (Dad). This is seriously driving me nuts. I don't mind if the kids wake now and again because it isn't usually them. It isn't as if I am having a dream of my dad or anything, I just find I can't sleep and assume that is what it is, maybe not, who knows!

The other night I went to bed at 8. Siobhan was laying in bed with me (still not her bedtime yet) and we were reading. I think I fell asleep about 8:30. I had a really good nights sleep. I was so tired. I am always tired lately, but it isn't a sleepy tired. I am emotionally tired. So tired.

I am scared. I am afraid of the prayer at the family party Saturday. I am afraid I won't be able to hold it together. I WILL NOT break down crying so what are my other options? I just try and hold everything back. Try not to feel anything. I am afraid of hugs lately. I am afraid to feel anything. If I let go, maybe I will begin crying and never be able to stop.

Every time I have let myself cry, I don't feel better afterwards. Usually I feel better after a cry but not in the last two and a half months. Oh no, Siobhan just came in here and I hear Diego now. Gotta go, please note the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the sleep thing, girl. If you take some Nyquil and put Eric in charge of the kids, would that help you sleep?

I am so sorry about all the emotion you have been experiencing. Try to keep yourself *really* busy at the party this weekend. Can you excuse yourself right after the praryer and go to the bathroom for some relief? (Okay, that sounded really bad. I mean "relief" as in crying, not "relief" as in...oh never mind.) I think people will understand if you break down, but I know how it is when you don't want to deal with others seeing you crying.

Hang in there, girl.

Hugs,
Andrea

Sunshine said...

Dear Di,
be not afraid of hugs. They helps you feel better, knowing the love you have got and hold so dear.

I am one that have not been hugged for a long time (coming to 2 years), and I so longed for a hug.

may love always stay around you.
Sunshine