Saturday, February 10, 2007

shhhh

Must have been a morning thing (my throat hurting) because I feel fine now. Today at Siobhan's dance, right before it was time to leave, there were kids there for the next class. Older kids. LOUD kids. I was seriously having sensory overload. They say people sometimes snap and kill over noise. I believe it. It was hot too. I was thinking, "I have to get out of here!" Finally she came running over. "Let's go!"

I know I have four children but our house is not really loud. The first time my friend Amber came over she said "I thought I would hear your family from the street". What the heck! Not us. Not that we are quiet either. When we aren't yelling at the kids, the music is off, we can sometimes hear things going on outside, ya know like the birds singing, a dog barking or the Jose next door working on a car.

Isn't it weird how sometimes you can tune things out. Like if I am playing a game they can be louder then if I am trying to hear the tv. Basically if it doesn't bother me, who cares. Uh, well, unless Eric cares of course!

No comments: