Saturday, December 11, 2004

Movie review

I have decided to start giving a brief discription and review of the movies we watch. I will rate them 1-10. If it is a 10 I would watch it over and over and not grow bored. If it gets a 1, then I wanted to turn it off and not waste my time. A 5 means I liked it but wouldn't watch it again within the next few years. If anyone cares, here is my first review!

Last night we watched Ghost World.

Geeky humor that really snarls pervades this movie riff on the legendary underground comic/graphic novel by Daniel Clowes. Mopey high schooler Enid (Thora Birch) and her equally disaffected friend Rebecca (Scarlett Johansson) are a couple of slackers with a penchant for hurtful practical jokes. But when Enid begins to bond with one of their targets (Steve Buscemi), look out -- teen angst might give way to real feeling.

I liked it. It was funny and I could relate. Heck, I think anyone who was once a teenager (that's all of us) could relate. A little slow a few times (or was I just tired), but overall I think I will give it a 6 out of 10.

Thanks Netflix!

No comments: