Friday, August 19, 2005

Mexico no mas

We are back. We looked at the property and what a view! It is amazing. A normal person would never be able to afford a view like that here. The lot is 200 square meters and the asking price is $45,000. There are two lots next to each other but even if we wanted to, that is a lot of money.

We headed to the Estero Beach Hotel. We stopped at the fish market and had some wonderful fish tacos (carne asada for Siobhan). We all ate until we could eat no more. We had plenty of drinks and the bill was a grand total of $23.00.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was nice. We took lots of pictures of everything ( I will post later) and we were pleased. The room was average (two queen beds, TV on the dresser, table and chair) it had a little balcony with two chairs and a table. We had to watch Diego because he could have slipped between and fallen.

The pool was cool (minus all the children), it was oddly shaped. It had two jacuzzi's and (my favorite) a swim up bar. I have never been to one, and I have to say it gets two thumbs up. We had a few drinks (you had to pay cash, how stupid is that?). Right before we leave I didn't know what kind of drink to have so Francisco said he would make me a California Iced Tea. Well, let me tell you, that thing has NOTHING in common with any tea I know. It tasted great and I was feeling it before I even finished. Of course I ordered one more (the bar WAS closing) but I only finished about half of it. We left the hotel to go get something to eat, bouncing around on the street, to finally decide where we would eat. As soon as Eric pulls over, I hop out of the car and let it go. Threw up right there in front of the guy selling watermelons (of course we bought one at one dollar). But man did I feel better. I ate three tacos, most of a tortas AND had ice cream afterwards! That damn drink, it was the devil (can't wait to have one again!)

The kids went swimming again while Eric fell asleep on the balcony and Siobhan and I fell asleep telling stories. Thursday we left the hotel and did some shopping and had lunch in Ensanada. Siobhan bought this Dora cape (wait until you see the photos) we are still laughing at it. We tried to look at one other property but couldn't find it. We had a very long ride home, and a jackass at the border (yeah, I said it, jackass!) But we had one hell of a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm figuring a "California Iced Tea" is the same as a "Long Island Iced Tea. I remember those from long ago... I have a few of those "tea" stories too. I remembered your posting earlier about your plan for Eric and his margaritas and you and your pina coladas. Then I read "California Tea" and was already thinking..."Oh yeah, she was a goner." :) Glad to see you "sucked it up" and moved on though!

Di said...

Ha ha, I think I am still feeling some effects from that drink!