Saturday, May 14, 2005

gallbladder, how about painbladder

Wednesday night Eric took me to the ER because I had severe stomach pains. After a mere three hours (although pain meds were given sooner) we found out I have gallstones. OUCH! I have never been in so much pain in my life! I just want to say thanks to my wonderful husband for making me to go to the hospital.

Surgery is scheduled for May 31st. Seems as though everyone at least knows one or two people who have had it done if it wasn't themselves. I can't wait! It is still really tender and bland food sucks!

1 comment:

Beth Alvis said...

Well you will still be eating bland food for awhile after surgery. Give it a little while and let your body adjust to the change. Just an FYI, I know at least 3 or 4 people that have IBS now that they have had their gall bladder yanked.
Take care and if you need anything holler!