Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sayings

You know that old saying "Careful what you wish for?", it is so true. You think you want something, you get it and you think, eh, what was the fuss about?

Let's say you really want some cake. You watch what you eat for a whole week so you can have cake. You take a bite of the cake, and think "This is it? I waited for this". Weird isn't it.

Last night Krystal took the kids to a baseball game and Eric was gone so I had the house to myself. Oh yeah. I thought I would work late (but when I was so tired I couldn't type by 5:30 it was time to go home). Picked up something really good (but bad) to eat since it was just me. Watched a bit of MONK (which is always good and this one was with Sarah Silverman, classic). And after about an hour, the novelty wore off. Okay I was in my pj's (could have done that anyway), I had complete control of the tv, (and didn't have to turn it up to hear) I had the ac on (didn't have to turn it up high since I was the only one here) and, well...it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't start yelling once we got home. Actually I don't think we were even in the door yet, but those few hours, looking back were nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always end up feeling the same way. Kids are gone and it is not as fun,