Friday, August 27, 2004

thank you netflix

I just want to say "thank you netflix." Eric and I decided not to get cable because we do not watch much tv and what we do watch is usually is PBS. But thanks to the great minds at Netflix, I am able to watch tv shows that are on cable. Two of the one's I have been enjoying are Six Feet Under and Sex in the City. I have seen the first two seasons of Six Feet Under and have really enjoyed them. Although thanks to the ad on a OCTA bus, I know that Nate will marry Lisa. GREAT! Thanks a lot! The 3rd season isn't on dvd yet, so I have no idea what is going on. auuuggghhh

Sex in the city, I heard about because it was up and I think won award after award. So, I thought, what the heck, I will rent it and see. I watched the first six episodes and thought this is okay. I am currently about half way through season 3. I plan to see all of them before I return to work. I usually watch all 6 episodes in one day and wait for Mark, the mailman, to bring me another. I am so into that show. It isn't that it is just about women, it is about single women. And I think that any woman could identify with one of those women on that show. My mom watched the show and I had to know, "Did Carrie marry Mr. Big?" and I really wanted to know and she told me. I did not feel like I was cheated, like with Six Feet Under, I was just glad to know the outcome. I love Mr. Big. He is not young and in perfect shape. He is rich but is not too sweet or good, but he is not a bad man either. I am so caught up in Carrie and his relationship, or lack of. Now don't get me wrong, I am not one of those girls who watches soaps, or reads romance novels, somehow that show found the right fit. They knew how to get me interested, thinking and coming back for more. I want more, more, more. I want to put all 5 netflix movies as Sex in the City so I can see them all. But.... then I will be done. What then? It will be over.

I plan to move on to Dead Like Me. I thank HBO for creating shows like these and a big kiss to netflix for letting them come into my home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also a Netflix customer. I have to say that it is wonderful. I too look forward to the next movie coming in the mail. Even though you create the list of movies, It is still sooo exciting to open the next movie that you receive. I wouldn't give up Netflix for anything... especially not cable!!