Monday, September 27, 2004

A house without Siobhan..

...is no house I wanna be in. Well, it has started, she is in pre-school as I type. It was hard on all of us. She spent the morning going back and forth on if she wanted to go or not. When we got there she wanted to play, told us she wants a Princess backpack to match her blanket, and was looking at the kids. Eric and I started to leave, and oh no, that was it. She was crying, poor baby. We kissed her, hugged her, I picked her up and handed her to the teacher (who is also having her first day!) and tried to leave. We waited in the lobby for a few minutes where we could still hear her crying.

We finally left and about 10 minutes after we got home I called to see how she was doing. She was still upset but better. Great! Don't we feel like the worst parents in the world. Now I know it was going to happen, I know it is expected, but it does not make me feel any better. Eric and I both had tears in our eyes leaving her there crying out "Mama!".

I called back around 12 and they said she was having a good time. They actually asked her while I was on hold. She ate lunch (no surprise there!) and was getting ready for a nap. Maybe she will do okay. I don't know what to expect tomorrow, but as long as she enjoyed herself today, all is well.

Well, I must go search the internet for a Princess backpack. Because, like her mama, what Siobhan wants, Siobhan gets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Di, you're killing me. i am so sad just reading this. i don't think i'll be able to cope when it's tate's turn (lookit me already worrying about this years in advance).

well i can tell just from reading your posts that you are such an awesome, devoted mama. i wouldn't want to leave your side either if i was your baby!

TTT