Sunday, June 11, 2006

Good-bye

My Aunt Sylvia (my dad's sister) passed away yesterday. I am sure she is with him, her parents and her husband. They are probably all playing poker right now.

My Aunt Sylvia made the BEST cakes. Her birthday cakes compared to no ones. And her ham, yummy. They always had a million things to do at their house. For some reason, I always remember watching Soupy Sales at her house (I am sure I saw it other places as well).

I would play with that door that splits in two in their office. They had two phone lines when I was young, I thought that was way cool. It was even cooler when the phone line for the kids was a pay phone. How awesome was that when you are 10.

My Uncle Russ passed away in 2005, my dad last year. Although I know my aunt was living for her children and grandchildren, I knew she was in deep sadness. I will miss her and everything she was to me over the years. But I KNOW she is happy, with her family, a reunion if you will.

I wish I could have told her to give my dad a hug for me.

No comments: