Thursday, December 28, 2006

hello there!

Hope your Christmas holiday was great. We had a wonderful day. The kids got a lot of gifts from both Grandma's and my oldest brother. Eric got some UCLA stuff which ALWAYS makes him happy. Siobhan's Nino Richard and Aunt Julie came by on Christmas Eve. It is always wonderful to see them. We still need to see Siobhan's Nina and Diego's Nina. My brother Tony came by today to take Bradley golfing. He dropped off some gifts for the kids. They LOVED having more presents to open. They were all excited.

Eric, Krystal and I went to see Los Lobos at the House of Blues. Opening for them was The Low Rider Band (which is most of the members of the group War, you know Low Rider, Cisco Kid). What a great show. We stood for HOURS. We were only about 6 people away from the stage. We could have gotten closer. Only one fight broke out. We finally had had enough of standing and headed upstairs to sit and enjoy the rest of the show. They could have sung for another couple of hours and still have a bunch of songs to sing. They didn't sing my favorite "Maria and Tony". sigh We left there about 1am. Eric went to work the next day! I don't know how. I walked around like a zombie all day until my nice long nap!

I have so enjoyed being off these last 6 days. I don't go back to work for 5 more days and I shall enjoy them all.

We were worried about being able to go to Mexico. Last we had heard, as of 1-7-07 you needed a passport to re-enter the US. I looked today and everything I found said 2008. WHOO HOO. Although I do not mind at all getting passports if we are actually going somewhere, a two hour drive doesn't seem worthy of a few hundred dollars. Okay, I know it is another country. The US/Mexico border, but for anyone who lives here, it is almost like crossing into another city. We shall enjoy another "free" year!

No comments: