Monday, June 18, 2007

Today, I will cry

I will cry today. I will cry freely. I am sure they will be coming in buckets.

Today my oldest daughter graduates high school. It is a turning point. She is grown. I can no longer deny it. She IS grown. Still a lot to learn, don't get me wrong, but grown nonetheless. I will cry knowing she is through with high school. I will cry that she will be a college student. I will smile with the joy of knowing that Eric and I have raised a wonderfully loving, bright, caring, thoughtful and all around great kid! No one could argue the fact that our daughter is one of the sweetest girls around.

I will cry that my Dad is not here to sit with us as she receives her diploma. I will cry that I am getting older. I will cry that I will do this three more times after today.

I can not believe how quickly children grow. When you are little time is SO slow. Christmas never gets here. When is school going to be over for the summer? Will my birthday ever come? Will I ever be 10? 18? 21? Once the kids get here, time is suddenly running by. Who said my kids could grow up in a blink of an eye. Because that is JUST what it seems like, a blink. A mere second, and all is changing.

Today I will cry. I will cry with pride as I know my daughter will attend and complete college, more than likely with an advanced degree. I will cry because I am so proud of who she has become.

No comments: