Sunday, February 03, 2008

Where have YOU been?

Yesterday we had Siobhan's 6th birthday party. It was a lot of fun. We had it at Irvine Park. Great turn out. She got so many presents! Spoiled brat. She got a lot of clothes too, which of course she loves. She is such a girly girl!

Today I took Krystal to Urgent Care. Her asthma has been bugging her. When we got there her Pulse/Ox was 89/90. Okay, I felt bad. I was giving her a hard time about taking her. She is drama! They gave her a breathing treatment which did nothing. They gave her an IV and Prednisone (steroids) which helped a little bit and another breathing treatment. When we left she was up to 95/96. For all of you out there who don't know it should be 100%. 89% is LOW!

They are putting her on two weeks of Prednisone (usually only 5 days). No school tomorrow (she is not to stay home by herself) and no track for TWO weeks! K is so upset. They have their first meet on Friday. She won't be able to run.

She hasn't had an asthma problem in a very long time. I can't even remember the last time. She will be loaded up with stuff now! I know she is going to be a PAIN on these meds. They make her crazy.

Our Urgent Care visit went well. I haven't used it before at this location because we are always able to get an appointment. We waited only about 2 minutes before being called in. This is not uncommon with asthma. They usually get you pretty fast and people always look at you because you seem fine and they have been waiting. It was about 20 minutes before the Dr. came in. Nice place though, we got good attention and they seem to get most people in and out pretty quickly. (I know because we were there for about 4 hours). I think they let us go because they were closing soon, ha ha.

Oh, over all it was a very good weekend. Andrea, I wish I could have given you our visit history instead of your own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad the party went well, sorry to hear about K. Does the wet weather bother her? My asthmatic is a mess right now because of the cold weather.

Melissa said...

Poor Krystal. Looks like she inherited her Mommy's lungs. :(