Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not a math person

Last weekend it hit me, it is time to lose weight. I started counting weight watcher points. Too cheap to go to the meetings and pay, I am going to try it myself first. I forgot how expensive it is to eat right.

So far I am eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch (between a couple things) and whatever for dinner (only much, much less). Hopefully it is working. I mean I know I am eating less but haven't seen the pounds melt away (yeah, in a week). Eating the same thing might really be a problem for some people but not me. I prefer to not have to think about cooking in any way anyway. This way at least two meals are taken care of.

I have put cucumbers on my hamburger and BLT to make them bigger and more filling and I liked it. I like crunchy and they added to it. A couple different trips to the market and I am good. I am going out again to get yogurt at Ralphs because it is 1 point versus the yogurt at Albertsons which is 1.5 points. I know it is only .5 points but when your eating very couple/few hours those could add up and I liked the 1 point. I am NOT a yogurt fan anyway, so if I like it, why not.

Luckily Eric supports whatever I decide to do because although it hasn't happened yet, I may get crabby soon. Also, I am not going to make any super fatting dinners, so sorry babe.

I found a few iPad (or iPod) apps that help. One is Logit. You could use it for anything. It allows you to keep track of whatever you are keeping track of. I like it and it shows how many points (or whatever) you have left on the app without actually opening it. So far I have had at least 6 but up to 9 points per left per day. I plan to use my "flex" points on drinking. I just hope my snacking while drinking doesn't take over. I enjoy my tequila and squirt on occasion.

Anyway, I hope I stick with it. I think my mind is in the needed frame of mind for something like this now. I even told my co-workers I didn't want cake for my birthday. I don't think those words have ever been uttered by me before.

Wish me luck!

FOLLOW UP 7:20pm Yogurt at Ralphs are NOT 1 point, must have miscalculated. Depending on which program I use they are either 1.5 or 2. WTF?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is great! I am proud of you. Cucumbers on hamburger does sound good. I think that I will try that. One of my favorite recipes from WW is 1 tortilla, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup salsa. Put on tortilla fold in half bake at 350. Really filling and really good. I also love to make a huge pot of the WW soup and eat it for days.

I once lost 50 pounds on WW. I still mostly eat that way but have gotten off track.

Andrea said...

I'm proud of you too! Being diligent is so hard. And yeah, why isn't the healthy stuff cheap?? It's so expensive to eat well.

Jeremy and I have tried the "Eat Stop Eat" diet by Brad Pilon with results, but it's really hard. Basically for 2 or 3 days a week, you fast all day (only water or zero calorie drinks) and then only eat between the hours of 4PM and 8PM. But then you can eat a bigger meal and not feel guilty. ; )

If I win the lottery, I am so trying Freshology.com. Sounds ideal (if it didn't break the bank).

Good luck and I am rooting for you! Love the cucumber tip.