Sunday, January 23, 2005

City of God

Well, I had to take a few days before I could write about this movie. Here is the description from Netflix:

Busca-Pe (Alexandre Rodrigues) lives in Cidade de Deus (City of God), a housing project reputed to be one of the most dangerous parts of otherwise magical Rio de Janeiro. He's frightened he'll end up like the countless others around him -- troubled, violent or dead. But his saving grace is his photographer's eye, through which the stories of several people who live in this forsaken "city" unfold. …

I think this is a must see. It was very intense! There were times I had to think "Okay breathe now". It was scary that it was based on a true story. The young children broke my heart, the way they were already hardened to the world. It was a very good movie though. I don't think I would watch it again because it was so intense but I will still give it a high rating of 7.

No comments: