Monday, May 15, 2006

What life is REALLY about

Alright, I have FOUR kids. Sometimes things get crazy. Sometimes I want to kill them (especially the teenagers) but all in all, I love them. I don't know what life would be like without them and I am not looking forward to finding out. (Diego isn't yet 2, so I have a while).

Usually when Diego wakes up, he will wait about 20 seconds before he starts repeating "cereal" over and over and over and over. (not kidding here!). I am home late this morning, so we all woke up at a leisurely pace (so much nicer for everyone). Diego woke up, didn't say a thing about cereal. I sat on the couch, his head on my shoulder, and we just were.

Man, nothing is more strong then that feeling. That feeling of having it ALL in your hands. Somehow all the love you have ever known comes through.

Now, those of you with kids know. You HAVE to enjoy these moments because they are few and short lived. I sat. I squeezed. I loved. What bliss. Until......"cereal". Well, that was that. I loved every single second of it!

No comments: