Thursday, October 25, 2007

Beach Boys

Eric is playing the Beach Boys. Hearing them always reminds me of spending summers with my dad here in California (I was living in Tennessee). I remember sitting in the van, head out the window listening to the Beach Boys in the 8 track. Spending a lot of time with my Aunty Sylvia and Uncle Russ. I used to love going to their house. There was always so much to do.

I really miss all of them. I wonder what my kids will think of when they hear the Beach Boys in another 10-15 years.

I guess my dad, my aunt and uncle and grandparents are probably in Heaven playing cards. How many hours did I spend at my grandma and Pap Pap's house watching tv while they played cards. My dad would pick me up from skating at midnight and they would continue still playing cards. I would fall asleep watching Eddy Murphy on Saturday Night Live. Ahh, no worries.

God, I miss them all so very much!

2 comments:

dalida said...

Do you like the beach boys?
I don´t now, i am like so much the beatles and the monkeys

Unknown said...

I love your blog for this reason..reminds me so much of my own life. We would go camping every summer and the Beach boys would come on going and coming home. The song "Good vibrations" always seemed to come on going and " Sloop John B" would come one going home. I always thought it was God knowing but later and I mean like five yrs ago later my dad told me " That's because we had the 8 track"

PS My grandparents all 4 were best friends and played cards every weekend together.