Thursday, February 08, 2007

Family

Today was Aunt Loy's funeral. It was sad but it was a nice service. I just wanted to say that I feel so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful HUGE family. Don't get me wrong, I love my family so much. I have three wonderful brothers, a SUPER mom and some cousins here and there and a couple of aunts. I love them all. But Eric's family is HUGE! I mean, his grandparents had NINE children. Those children went off to marry and have children of their own and those children had children. They are a really big bunch. They are all very loving and accepting. I have never seen such a large bunch of people love children SO much. They are ALL over the kids. It is just a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by so many people.

I am sad that it was a loved one's passing that got us all together this time. You want to see everyone all the time, but life gets in the way. Day by day we are all so busy. It is hard to plan something with so many people.

I just want to say "Thanks" to each and every one of those people there today. Not only did it make everyone feel good to have family and friends around to share the grief, it fills you with love. That love gets you through. That kind of love makes you who you are. Love, is what I get everytime I see any one of them. Thank you all!

God bless you Aunt Loy!

No comments: