Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dinner alone

Eating dinner alone, I noticed more things that I might not have otherwise. I was sitting there enjoying my book and I saw at least at 2 other tables, a mom and daughter and a two friends having dinner. At each of those tables one person was on the phone for at least 10-15 minutes. Why?

Why go to dinner with someone and then sit there with them on the phone. How rude is that? The other person is just sitting there and looking around. I kept thinking, you have such little time in life, if you made the effort to go out, can't you at least "talk" to the person you are with? Especially when there is no one else there for that other person to talk to.

I think cell phones are great. You can be reached anywhere and get what you need when you need it. Just the same, you don't HAVE to answer. You can say "Can I call you back?". Ahhh, I am just venting...

1 comment:

Mackey said...

I basically hate cell phones.
Yes I own one but the only people that have my cell number is my kids, hubby & one of my girlfriends.
I don't like to talk on it & I don't like people tracking me down.
I do like that my son can reach me when he needs to & he has a cell phone too which is awesome for keeping a close eye(ear) on him.