Thursday, September 20, 2007

So many emotions

Today marks two years since my dad passed away. I won't say things are better, but they are...more distant I guess. I still break down and cry for seemingly no reason. I still have to push the emotions down sometimes. Right now is not a good time.

My life long friends dad is going to have a triple by-pass. I can't tell you the emotions that brought up, for both her and I. Our dads worked together many, many years ago. That is how we became friends. We both started out in CA, moved to Tenn. and back to CA. She has since moved back to Tenn. Doesn't matter, our bond is tight! I pray for her dad and hope you will as well.

A friend of mine just found out that her son, three years old, has leukemia. My dad died from a form of leukemia. Her son is only THREE! I can not imagine the pain and fright she is experiencing right now. More prayers please.

I think the thing of it is, there is nothing I can do. I can pray. I can continue to raise money for LLS but I can't do ANYTHING. I can't make Melissa's dad get better. I can't cure my friend's son. I can't bring my dad back. What do we DO?

I want to again, thank my wonderful husband. He has been there or not been there, depending on what I need. He general knows if I am off crying, that it is because I miss my dad. He says I need to talk about him more so the little one's don't forget. I try, but it is so hard. I loved my dad so much. I know most everyone loves their parents. I always had a special bond with my father. He was not perfect, but he was perfect for me!

I miss you Daddy! I miss you so much.

4 comments:

Mackey said...

I envy those kind of Father/Daughter realtionships.
My Dad & I are not close. To be honest I find it a bit awkward around him. Always have.
How lucky you are to have had the beautiful time you did with your Dad.
((((HUGS)))) for you today.

Di said...

Thank you Mackey. I know I was lucky. I just wish it hadn't ended so soon!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute and touching blog. I am sorry for your loss. (((((((hugs)))))))

Melissa said...

Thanks for gathering the extra prayer for my dad. He is going home from the hospital today! He is doing amazingly well, but I was really freaked when it all happened. Can't imagine losing him. I'm so sorry yours was taken too soon. I love you.