Saturday, December 22, 2007

Last song

Okay this is the last and probably the song that hits home the most when I think of my dad. I have been waiting to post because it is kinda hard to share these things but I have to get past them sometime.

Of course, seeing that it is almost Christmas, my emotions are pretty high anyway.

Here are some of the lyrics that really describe the pain I feel, not to mention the way he sounds as he sings them.
If I lay here, If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I don't quite know how to say how I feel
Those three words (for me it is I miss you) Are said too much They're not enough
I need your grace to remind me to find my own
I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all

I hope that song writers out there know that sometimes how they intended the song, is not how it is received. I don't know what I would have done without music to help me get through this seemingly impossible time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this song and I can see what you mean about intent. Very different meanings to you and them. I hear this song all the time on the radio since I list to a lot of Christian radio stations. Thank you for sharing your pain so openly and I hope this helps you in your grief process.