Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My secret

Before I spoke of something going on and now it is time to tell you what it is. I sent letters to many, many people so I wanted to give those people a chance to get the letters before I posted it here. Hopefully everyone got them today (maybe tomorrow, so keep a look out!).

So, I have joined Team in Training and will be completing a marathon in June. I am completing this in honor of my dad, David R. Girard. I know most of you know he passed away in September from multiple myeloma, which is a type of Leukemia. I can't do anything to bring him back but I can start to heal, and I really think this is the way for me to do it!

I am raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I would be grateful for any help that anyone can give. HERE is the website for my fund raising. Even if you can't help out, maybe you can check it often for my progress. I am sure I will be writing a lot about it here too. Please feel free to forward my site to anyone who might want to help or just check out Team in Training.

We start training this Saturday. I still need to get some good shoes. It will be A LOT of work for me. But I know I can do it! I feel like a changed person already.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You can it Di. I thank that is a great way to honor your Dad and to start healing. And you will get in great shape to boot. You go girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

If anyone can successfully attain this goal, it's you, Diane! Truly, I don't think I know anyone who's more focused & determined as you are. When you put your mind (but, more importantly, your heart) into something - it happens! All my positive thoughts & prayers are heading your way:)