Tuesday, March 14, 2006

broke down

I was a bit late to work today. It was my boss' birthday and we were having a breakfast potluck. I stopped and bought pancakes from my local diner and they took FOREVER! No big deal. I don't get in trouble or anything for being late. So, I have my pancakes in hand and I am driving the three minutes to work, and the tears start coming. I don't know why and I can't control them. I can't sit and let them pass, what if my pancakes get cold? So I compose myself and go in, I am talking to a few people and I feel it coming again. I look at one of my friends, who suddenly looks worried and all I can think is "Please let me make it out of this room before I break down.". I sorta did. I cried on my friend's shoulder for a while and felt a little better. What happened? Where did that come from? The day felt pretty down after that.

It is almost six months since my Dad died. Maybe that is it? I don't know. I miss him like crazy. I wish I could hear him say something smart ass (which would have been just about anything out of his mouth). Or a hug. A hug would be wonderful. Oh.....

No comments: