Tuesday, March 07, 2006

still home

I am finally starting to feel better at 2:38pm. I don't think my head is going to explode, for the moment anyway. So there I am feeling good when I read Andrea's blog and she made banana nut bread. I am a failure as a mother and a wife. I can not tell you the last time I "made" anything. My husband says (truthfully) I don't cook, I heat things. ha ha. It is true. Ok, I am going to blame it on my oven. Yes, it is because of my oven I don't make anything. It doesn't cook evenly and takes too long, yes that is it. (Although really, how would I know, I never use it!)

I really need to do more stuff like that. We all think it doesn't matter, but I remember my mom always making something yummy. We almost always had dessert too. How many families actually have dessert nowadays?

Anyway, Andrea, you rock. I admire you for doing stuff like that. I can't blame my lack of baking, which I actually enjoy on anything. I have plenty of time on Sunday's and usually love to make a big dinner. I think, thanks to you, I will start trying to do something extra too. Maybe not a bread (although I do know people who will say "Don't throw those bananas away, I will make some bread with them"), who are these people? I can bet you I only have about half the ingredients I would need. I would have to go to the store, then I might as well buy some while I there, already prepared, and throw the banana's to the dogs. Oh I am sad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, shit, girl! Are you kidding me??? I made the bread out of a BOX!!! Don't go feeling bad, now! Just stop by Trader Joes. It's $1.99. Throw in some eggs and you're done!

I feel terrible now that you felt bad. I am SO not a cook, either. Tonite I heated up frozen taquitos for dinner. Jeremy is the real cook in our family. We used to joke that I would toast bread in the toaster and call it "cooking."

See? I don't think you are a terrible wife or mother! This is just how modern women are. One of my all-time favorite TV show lines is from Sex and the City, when Miranda asks Carrie if she owns a rolling pin and Carrie replies, "Are you kidding? I use my oven for storage."

CLASSIC!

Anonymous said...

damn i'm hungry. :(

But how many parents can brag that their eldest kids cooked PAELLA last week! Yep...Krystal and Bradley cooked Paella...and it was pretty damn good.