Saturday, August 07, 2010

Last Day in San Francisco

We took our time waking up and getting ready. Packed all our stuff away and made sure the room was picked up. I had a cooler at 11am. I am sure I have never done that before.

We left our bags at the hotel and walked to
Lefty O'Doul's for a yummy lunch. I had corned beef and cabbage, Siobhan had mac and cheese (of course!), Diego had pasta with meat balls and Eric had ribs. Yummy! Included were rolls and a salad for everyone but Eric.

From there we took a cab to the Exploratorium where I used gift passes I have from at least 12 years ago. We spent a few hours in there. I think it might be better for kids a bit older but they had fun just the same.

Our cab driver took us by the house (or really the mansion) of Danielle Steel You could not see it so well as there are trees all around but it is HUGE. There were at least 5 cars in the drive. Not one VW there, damn it. I told Eric, I need to stop buying her books, she has enough money!

We picked up our bags and walked to the BART. Our next stop, the airport.

We arrived early. Wanted to make up for our mistake in Long Beach, where we arrived with not a minute to spare. We had lunch and found a place to sit. Our flight info wasn't listed yet as it was still early. Ahh, there it is. We moved to where we would catch our flight. Streaming Charlie Brown Netflix on Eric's iPad 3g because there is NO wi-fi at the San Francisco airport! Waiting. Our flight is delayed! What?! From 7:55pm to 9pm. Oh great and no wi-fi. I enjoyed a very, very good mocha. Can't remember the last time I had one. Finally, we are on the plane and headed for home.

It was a great trip. If you ask the kids what they liked best, they say the hotel. And everything else. Why? What is it about a hotel? I don't know but I enjoy them too. If I were insanely wealthy I might live in one. ha ha

No comments: