Friday, September 30, 2005

quick ?

Yogurt, not the big one, but the single serving. Some come with a plastic lid (which is hard to get off) and then the sealed top underneath. I was opening one for Siobhan this morning, and I thought, do you need the plastic lid? I mean is there someone out there who can't finish it all? If you didn't finish it would you want to save it? What, 2 bites? Do we need to waste plastic like that? I, of course, will recycle mine. There are a lot of people who don't recycle or are unable to.

Do we need the plastic lid? That is all I want to know!

2 comments:

Eric Jasso said...

Well, believe it or not, something is being done about that:

http://www.plasticsnews.com/china/english/headlines2.html?id=1125332994

Money Quote: "keep 1,620 metric tons of plastic out of the waste stream each year"

Anonymous said...

Total waste of plastic.

although tate rarely finishes his yogert. but he eats the yo baby stuff, so it doesn't have that redundant lid.