Saturday, October 15, 2005

how sad

It has been over three weeks since my Dad passed away. It is so weird but I keep thinking I see him places. In a car driving, at a store, or anywhere. I know in my head it isn't him, but it always takes me a minute. Today as I was standing in Mattern's Deli in Orange waiting for our food, I saw a man who reminded me a lot of my dad. He had the same build and was almost the exact size on my dad. I seriously had to talk myself out of going up to him and asking him to hug me. I realized that no matter how "alike" he might be, he would never hug me with the emotion that MY dad always hugged me with. My dad didn't waste time with those little patting hugs. He always hugged me like he meant it. And I realized that if I can't have one of those hugs, I will just wait.

No comments: