Saturday, October 22, 2005

much ado about nada...

well, I feel like just going on and on about not much. We just finished watching Midnight Cowboy (1969). Interesting. I had never heard of it but it was very good. The kids liked it too.

I got invited to a Bar Mitzvah (trying to be like Andrea) but I won't be able to go. I am bummed about it too. I would like to have gone.

We went to a wedding last night. Eric's cousin's daughter, Katie. It was really nice. She looked beautiful (don't they all?). We took Siobhan with us. She had fun dancing. She kept asking me to go back upstairs ( I think she was afraid we were leaving, or just trying to get rid of me!). I think this is the first wedding that I have been to that made me feel a bit old. Maybe it is because they are so young.

We were leaving Siobhan's ballet class today and the owner stopped us to ask how old Siobhan is. We told her she will be 4 at the end of January. She said that Siobhan is very advanced. (We of course know this, but it is odd hearing it from someone who doesn't know her!) She is going to be the leader and then she will want her to move up as soon as she turns 4. Big girl!

Bradley got his progress report from school. He has no less than a B! Woo hoo. Krystal is doing okay, she just has some things to work on, but I know she can and will do it! I know she wants to go to San Francisco in January with her Dad so she WILL get those grades up or be stuck home with me and the little ones (and no one wants that!).

Don't tell Eric, but I am trying to plan a time we can get away ALONE and go to The Madonna Inn. I hear the shower in that room is amazing. Plus, we haven't done anything alone since Europe in 95. We even took Krystal and Bradley to Mexico with us after we got married (I won't say it was a honeymoon, hee hee). But I am not to quick to ask because I haven't been so good with my money since FOREVER, and we DO have some stuff we want to do around the house. Ah, one day....

I got to see Gabi and Patsy today (my Dad's wife and my oldest brother's wife) that was nice. I really only got to say "hi" to Patsy but it is always nice to see her! It was nice to talk to Gabi about my Dad. To admit how much I almost won't think about it. She described it perfectly when she said it feels like he is on a trip or something. Because it kinda does. I guess when you have a Dad that goes away a lot and practically lives in other countries for months at a time, something like this does seem unreal.

Well, enough for you? Because I am sure I could go on and on. I think I will go download some music videos from iTunes (see what wasteful things I do with my money!) Have a great night everyone!

No comments: