Thursday, September 22, 2011

Schedule

Siobhan started Girl Scouts again. She has a meeting every 2nd and 4th Thursday. Diego has practice Monday and Wednesday. I guess it couldn't be too bad. The biggest problem is there just isn't enough time for homework. Siobhan has been working on homework until at least 9:30 every night this week. I know she is in 4th grade and I know it is GATE, but sheesh. We tell her to work on her homework at Grandma's after school. She says she does but still has hours? I don't know. And she is with Grandma who of course wants her to relax. I understand, I want her to too but not if it means staying up all night on homework with no down time. Sigh... I am hoping we just need a better rhythm going on. She is pretty self motivated, but she might need some assistance now that things aren't so easily completed. It would be different if it were difficult for her. It isn't, just time consuming. I should be asleep now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's insane! Too much homework. I think its really common now days though. Not enough time in the classroom because of overcrowding. I heard this all the time from friends.

Di said...

I don't think her class is too big. I think she just writes down stuff that isn't hers. Also, she takes her time doing it. Like drawing something can take 30 minutes!