Sunday, October 03, 2004

Day of rest?

How come if Sunday is a day of rest it is the only day I want to cook a big meal? (Maybe because my day of rest is Monday through Saturday!). Today we are having Pozole Verde. I was going to make it yesterday but I drove all over Anaheim looking for nixtamal. I knew one store that sold it but it was the wrong direction, so here I am, cooking.

This is the second time I have made it. The first time it was great except it had too much chicken, so we are adjusting that. It is an all day thing because the nixtamal (I refuse to buy hominy) has to cook for two hours, but nothing is too good for my family. hee hee Truth be told, I enjoy it!

So in an hour and so we will be enjoying a great linner (we skipped lunch today) of green pozole. Yum Yum!

No comments: