Monday, October 11, 2004

So close but no cigar

I worked out a deal with Siobhan. She really wants the third Princess DVD, so I told her if she could go two days without crying at preschool, it was hers. (I figure I probably would've gotten it anyway, this way I get something out of the deal). So today was supposed to be day one. She was doing great. She asked me to stay a few minutes. I stayed while her teacher read a story and they sang the ABC song.

I think my downfall was when I asked for a hug. I think I should've just said good-bye and been on my way. Through the hug she was okay, I stood to go, and here it comes. "Mamaaaaaaaaaa, Mamaaaaaaaaaaa". I said "Okay, I love you, you will have fun and I will be back later, right? I will always be back later", and I was gone.

Oh how my heart breaks everytime I leave her. I KNOW it will end soon. It is already A LOT better then before, but it still feels like she is tearing at my heart.

Maybe tomorrow.....

No comments: