Saturday, October 02, 2004

Mike Tyson at Childtime?

I arrived at Siobhan's preschool only to find out that she had been bitten two different times by a girl trying to get Siobhan's attention. The second time was only about 15 minutes after the first.

It is so hard when you do all you can to prepare your child and something like this happens. I know children bite. I know it is to be expected (like the runny nose she has now). Before Siobhan started school I told her if she bites anyone her teacher was going to send her home. Now, I know part of the problem is Siobhan's speech and understanding is well beyond her 2.8 years, and we expect others to be the same. But how hard is it to tell your child "Do not bite!"

Poor baby. She looked so sad when I picked her up (the last bite happened about 20 minutes before I got there). I would have done anything to get that look off her face. Poor baby. Those kids better watch it if they know what is good for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Human bites are the worst you can get. Dog bites are less dangerous!
Children biting is a sign of aggression and hostility. Most likely because they are in day care to begin with and not at home with their mom or dad. Remember the parent is putting their child second, or third or....and most likely not spending much time with them to begin with. They are paying for someone to care for thier child, to nurture them and to console them. Why would 't this kid demand attention from your daughter?
I would handle this very aggressively. No tolerance.