Thursday, September 23, 2004

Thank God for higher education

Today I decided that I would put together something I ordered to hold all of Siobhan's toys. How hard could it be? All you have to do is use a screwdriver. I watched my Dad put together all kinds of stuff, I can do this.

So there I am, both panels up, pegs in, and Diego starts crying. You can't screw the screws in until they are all in there (about a thousand it seemed) because it will be uneven (like your tire, eh?) So I have no choice but to allow him to cry, no, rather scream for a few minutes.

If I let go, it will all topple to the ground, so I must continue. This thing would have taken Eric about 8 minutes to put together. It took me about 30. Now, I did get it. But as I was doing it I was thinking, if I had to work in a car factory or something, do you know how many cars would be recalled? I can barely work a screwdriver.

So thanks to everyone to can put things together. Now I know why Toys R Us has the convient $10 charge to put it together for you.

Let's just hope this thing holds!

No comments: