Sunday, January 01, 2006

amazing enough

After lots of drinks, going to bed at about 2:30am, I have no headache. WOO HOO! We all stayed up (minus Diego) until about 1:30am. I think Diego went to sleep about 11pm. He did try!

Diego is currently napping. Eric took K to the track to practice. B is outside watching Siobhan ride her bike. And I am, here, with you!

Some things I hope to change about myself this year.
I want to start and continue to exercise and eat better (diet is NOT a term I will use)
I will rejoin Weight Watchers soon
I will do better in regards to money (as in spending less and saving more)
I will try and keep my cool with my kids more (at least S. and D., K and B pretty much deserve whatever they get!)
I will try and keep my house cleaner and notice the things that I tend not to notice (drives my husband NUTS!)
I will try and actually cook at home (less ordering in and picking up, except for Chinese food, I LOVE Chinese food)
I will learn something new this year. I don't know what, but something.
I hope to move up at work this year.
I might even take a cooking class, I really would like to learn more things to make for dinner (after work, I am set for weekend dinners)
I would like to actually celebrate my anniversary with my husband this year. Maybe a little trip somewhere for the weekend, just the TWO of us.

So many things, I suppose I could go on and on. It is funny when you think about what you really want instead of what you need to change, how many things come to mind.

There are so many little things that might make us happy. A new book, a warm bath, a new game, chat with people who live in other countries, go to lunch or dinner with some friends. Remember your family is there for you no matter what. Try something different for dinner. Enjoy your children laughing. Do something different, be someone different, if only to see how it fits you. Change jobs, buy your spouse a surprise, take a class, it is amazing how different you can feel.

I hope 2005 was wonderful for you all. I think this is my longest post ever. I hope 2006 brings you life, love and happiness and that all your dreams and more come true.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Have a wonderful 2006!!

Lots of things on your list are similar to mine. I'm joining weight watchers again tomorrow or Wednesday. They have free joining plus some package deal.

I so feel you on the eating at home/not takeout/fastfood. It has to stop here too :)