Thursday, January 05, 2006

workers comp?

My friend had a meeting yesterday where there were two people who were translating in sign language for someone. There were two people there because if it is over two hours you need someone else to help because they may suffer from carpal tunnel.

Seriously, is it me? I mean, does that mean people who are deaf and can only sign, only do so for no more than two hours at a time. Maybe they are in a meeting or having a conversation and they stop and sign "My time limit is up, I need to rest now?"

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm not sure what the rules are exactly, but in classes I've taken with deaf students, they would have an interpreter come in if the class was more than an hour long, to replace the first interpreter.

I think it's alot more tiring to be signing all the time as compared to just talking or verbal translation.