Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Momma needs a new pair of shoes

I need new shoes. My feet hurt. When I was training for my (half) marathon, Eric said we have to get you a good pair of shoes. We went to the shoe store that specializes in running and they had me walk barefoot over this thing hooked up to the computer. It basically tells you what kind of support you need. They found three shoes that should be perfect for me. I tried one on, hmm nice. Then the other, feels funny. Then the last one, "Oh my God Eric, I feel like I am walking on a cloud". No kidding! This is it, I will take these. Eric takes them to pay and they are $109.00. Huh? Um. Well.

So I figured, okay over a hundred for running shoes, yeah it is a lot. But I AM doing a marathon (at that time I didn't know it would be a half). So I put them on and head out for our first training. Oh man. Everything hurt BUT my feet. I kept those shoes for months and put many miles on them. I bought another pair about a month before the event. I did not mind at all. At that point I was walking about 4 miles everyday after work and about 10 on Saturdays.

Now, hmm, only going around the neighborhood. I can't justify that much money for that. I know part of it is because I am so overweight. Part of me thinks, if you are in pain, you won't do this. Can't there be a nice middle somewhere. A good pair for $50. We are not cheap in this house when it comes to shoes. No Payless or no name brands here. We want quality.

Oh, I don't know. No matter what it will have to wait until after Christmas. Four freaking kids! ha ha

Dear Santa, I would really like a brand new all paid for Range Rover. I can buy my own shoes!
Love and kisses,
Diane

haha I am sending it out NOW!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate spending a lot of money on shoe's for myself. DH needs good shoes and always buys name brands. He tries to talk me into it but I always have buyer's remorse. I do buy name brand crocs though. The kids are a mix of both good and cheap shoes.

Erica Hanks said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Happy Thanksgiving!