Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh yes, may I help you?

Thursday I dropped Siobhan off at school and I swear I could barely see out of my windshield. I pulled into the only gas station between Siobhan's school and Krystal's school. There was a guy standing there (right in the way). I pulled up and left the car on. K jumped out to clean the windshield. He said "Can I help you?" She said "No, I am just going to clean the windshield". He said "I will do, I am not doing anything else.". He cleaned the windshield 100 times better than Krystal would have. He offered us a free calendar. No thanks. "Would you like coffee? It's free!". Again, I said "No thanks".

That was it. He said "Have a nice day" and off we went. He didn't ask for a tip. He didn't think we were buying gas. I didn't think you could do that anymore. I can't actually remember which gas station it was. I know it wasn't Cheveron because that is the gas we use.

Remember full service gas stations? Kinda reminds me of that!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Conner begs me to let him clean the windshield everytime we go. I still don't like him getting out of the car because I feel I can't keep a good eye on him.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you *never* get service like that anywhere! (Especially in this country where workers are quickly being replaced by machines and robots.) I'm coming to your house to get gas!

Eric Jasso said...

@Andrea: "I'm coming to your house to get gas!" Are you making fun of my Wife's cooking?

Di said...

haha As IF I actually cook! Your funny Eric!