Wednesday, August 25, 2004

and they say it's me

Okay, the kids and I had an okay kind of day, shopping and eating lunch. On the way home, here was my playlist in the car. "I wanna dance with somebody", "Only in my dreams", and "Lookout weekend". So the kids giggle and tell me that we are no longer in the 80's.

What is that about? When I was thier age I knew every song on the oldies station because that was what my folks listened to. Did I say "Hey Mom and Dad, we are no longer in the 50's?", no. I had some respect.

So they laugh and laugh and laugh. Krystal starts doing some funky dance she THINKS was 80's. We get home, Bradley goes into his room and turns on The Who, Krystal is always asking to hear "Freebird", and I am the one stuck back in time?

Kids today are all messed up!

1 comment:

Eric Jasso said...

Yes, our Kids are funny and strange, but we are SO DAMN HAPPY that we have developed Kids with varied tastes. Sure, they laugh at our "old Skool" music, but they also know more about jazz than many adults; they know the difference between Salsa and Mariachi (no, it's not all "Spanish" music), punk and ska, they both love reggae, and even have some classical on their MP3 playlists.

Music has always been such a huge part of Diane and my lives...we are happy that K and B go beyond the top 40 bubble gum, talentless tripe that passes for music today. Sure, they laugh at our old music, but when they go to their room and listen to the Specials, the Who or, sakes alive, LYNARD SKYNARD, it makes it worth everything.