Saturday, August 28, 2004

so...

hey everyone, not doing too much today. We watched a movie (Annie Hall) and went shopping (REI) and Eric went to the market and will pick up a lottery ticket. Wow the phone JUST rang! Can I tell you, I love this thing we have on our compuer called Phlink. It is super.

It works as an answering machine, but on your computer. Now, I know people have those, but it does all these other cool things as well. I can make it answer only at certain times if I want. I can make a seperate message for every phone number I have if I want to. (for example, when my mom calls she hears Siobhan say "Hi Grandma Sue, I miss you" and when Eric's mom calls she hears Siobhan say "Hi Nana Carol, I love you). I COULD do it for each and everyone of you. So my favorite thing though, is when the phone rings, my computer talks and says "Incoming call from...(for example, Eric's cell, or Nana Carol, or Di's mom) whatever they are listed as in my address book. So if I am in watching tv, I hear who is calling. I don't even have to move to know if I want to talk to you or not. HA! How cool is that. Of course it does lots of amazing things, can e-mail your voice messages in text or as a file you can hear. You can make links so when people call they could find out the weather, directions, whatever!

Modern technology huh? I love my Phlink, it's cool!

Anyway, we are going to be watching more of the Olympics, I hope they have something other then swimming or diving on. I have seen no boxing, hardly any track and field, you know come to think about it, the only things I have really seen are swimming, diving, gymnastics, track and field, volleyball (please no more), bits and pieces of wrestling and trampoline. What is that about. I have seen almost no one get an award. I mean since when did getting a gold medal become so common place that you don't want to see it put around someone's neck. Yeah, so and so won, they interview and then if you are lucky you hear their national anthem, but they skipped the most important part. aauuuggghh Frustration. I am not happy at all with channel 4's coverage. In the middle of the night they show the same stuff that was on during the day. Like there is nothing else going on at the Olympics for 3 weeks? come on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welll. that explains why I always hear, " We are not home right now. Please leave a message." !!!!