Sunday, August 29, 2004

A night without Siobhan

Siobhan is spending the night at her Nana's house tonight. We went to dinner and then dropped her off. Eric did NOT want to let her go. We drove back around so we could say good-bye again. We are at home, it is so quiet! And I do not mean that in a good way. Where is my angel asking to put her pj's on so she can be a princess. Telling me she wants MORE orange juice. Seeing her go to Diego, using that high pitch that adults use with babies and say, "oh he's so cute, what a cutie-patootie, oh he loves me, etc, etc". Her playing with all her toys, getting in the way, making all kinds of noise. Giving us kisses and going to bed and then remembering "oh, I need to give hugs".

Siobhan called and I asked her if she wanted to come home and she said "not yet". The house seems empty without her. How is that? We still have five people in this house along with two dogs, and yet it feels not right. That little girl can fill anyone's heart with love. She is a doll. She demands your attention. That girl can make me smile even as I am putting her in time out. She always manages to say something too funny.

Tonight we will be without her, but she will be showering all her Nana's friends with her little smile and her giggle. Tomorrow and everyday after we will feel our hearts grow with love for her. For those of you who know her, you know what I mean.

Sleep tight my little beautiful love. I can't wait until you say "I love you too mama".

No comments: