Friday, August 13, 2004

red light, green light

While driving in the car with her daddy, Siobhan told Eric, "green means go". He, of course, agreed with her. Then he asked her what does red mean, she said "stop". (Wow) Then he said what does yellow mean, she didn't know. Eric told her it means slow down. He said "you are a good driver", she said "I'm not driving, I'm good at the lights".

Today she remembered what yellow was for. She always asks which direction we are turning, and every now and then gets it right. (left, right, she has a 50/50 chance, really). Now it makes me wonder, is she really incredible, or just aware of EVERYTHING around her? She is 2 years old, 6 months, and 13 days. She can carry on a conversation about anything. She understands everything we say, repeats everything (even things she shouldn't), even when you think she isn't paying attention, out of her mouth will come the last thing we talked about.

I guess Eric was the same way when he was a kid, so maybe it isn't so amazing. It could be that she has four adults talking to her all the time, not to mention her grandma. Whatever it is, I am amazed everyday with what she knows. Sometimes forgetting that she is only 2.

We are currently working on potty training, I would like to have day time done before she goes to preschool late next month. She is doing just fine. She loves her new Dora pull-ups, but the princess one's make her happy too. I told her I will not buy her anymore diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she DOES repeat everything. A few days ago she said "dumbass", like her dad sometimes says. The whole family was in the living room, and right away everyone covers their mouths to muffle the laughs and turned away.

Are we raising a monster? I hope not!