Wednesday, August 18, 2004

growing up too fast

Today we enrolled Siobhan in preschool. She will be starting the week I return to work. I am filled with mixed emotions. I am so happy because I know it is what she needs, friends to play with, learning with someone other then family, lots of different activities, and of course, snack time. But why does she have to be so big? She is two and a half now, and I wonder where the time has gone. Wasn't she just born? Didn't we have her first birthday only a few months ago?

I know she will do wonderfully. For the few moments we were there, she was already playing. She is ready to let go a little. She will do find without mom and dad for the day, but will we? I know there will come a day when she will not want to come home because she is having too much fun. Isn't that what we want? NO! We want her to have fun, fun, fun, but never so much she doesn't yell "Mommy", "Daddy". Yikes! I know who this whole preschool thing is going to be hard on, us! Siobhan will do great!

No comments: