Friday, August 20, 2004

weighting to lose

Well, I started Weight Watchers on Wednesday. I have a great person (what are they called, teachers? leaders?, what?). She is the same one two of my friends have, both who have lost A LOT of weight. I am hoping they will be a wonderful influence on me. I am going to give it my all. I decided that I will stick with it come what may. I know there will be times I will gain a few ounces, maybe even pounds. Times when I stay the same for weeks at a time, but I am going to stick with it. Sure, it is 9.95 a week, but really, what is that, two lunches. Two lunches I should be bringing from home anyway. 5 gallons of gas, 4 gallons of milk, one package of diapers, I could go on and on.

So, I have begun counting. I have not done so much counting since 6th grade math. I am heading to the store shortly where I will take my little chart with me and pick some low points food. I want some good snacks around here for when I feel like I am not eating enough. Oh, I know I am not hungry, I have come to terms with that, but sometimes you know you just need something more, and more, and more, and more. YIKES!

Those flex points will be saved for Mexico, because I can tell you, I might rather go without eating to have a pina colada in la pina. The problem is I don't have just one, try four or five. Well, it is vacation. It is hot down there (okay not really) but it is vacation and I have FOUR KIDS! I need not say more.

So check back every Wednesday night, I will have an update after my meeting. I am hoping that having to post my losings and gains here just might help a little bit every time I choose something to eat.
Maybe, just maybe, the next time you see me, you will see less of me.

No comments: