Monday, December 19, 2005

Can you believe it?

Less than one week until Christmas. Only 5 more shopping days. I don't feel the Christmas spirit as much as usual, but I still feel the love. I almost wish for the day to be here but most of the fun is the building of anticipation. I am looking forward to seeing my family. Seeing the joy in the babies faces. Feeling the love that seems to consume me at this time of year.

Usually Eric and I will sit with a nice drink on Christmas Eve after the little one's have gone to bed. Sometimes we will light a fire (watch out Santa!) and talk about the past year. It really gives me something to look forward. I know this year there will be tears but I know I am so lucky to have had all the wonderful years that I did have with my dad.

What do you guys do to help celebrate the holidays? Anything you are hoping Santa will bring you?

No comments: