Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Went and battled the store. I am making home made chicken pozole (pozole verde). So I had to go to two different stores and luckily it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We needed MORE wrapping paper. I swear, we should start a tradition that all presents are unwrapped and just sitting there. Maybe you switch name tags to make it a surprise. I mean, really, how much do we spend on wrapping paper anyway. Same with birthday presents. Who started this anyway? Probably Hallmark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I just got back from *attempting* to go to the market. Couldn't park. Gave up.

I hate wrapping paper, too. Took me three hours just to wrap all the damn gifts. All that time, and it will take two seconds for everyone to unwrap everything. What a waste. Stoopid Hallmark people.

I will be thinking of you and your family, too, this Christmas!! Hang in there! Merry Christmas!!

Eric Jasso said...

I remember being a child, growing up at my Grandmother's knee, while she cooked in her small kitchen. She cooked every day; breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was always something to eat in the house...Mexican food, recipes she learned from her Mother.

I never at any of it. I refused it. When I got older, it was all about fast food. I didn't want anything cooked at home...I didn't want anything "ethnic". It was easier to eat a burger with my friends. My friends ate at our house, but I never did. Nana asked everyday...I know it must have hurt her when I didn't want any.

When Diane decides to cook, she COOKS. I am waiting as patiently as I can for the Pozole...and I don't want to wait until tomorrow. It is SO good. My wonderful wife...on Christmas eve...cooking the food that I refused as a child and teen.

What did I miss out on?