Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wow

Here is a letter I saved in my sent box that I e-mailed my Dad in March of 2003. I am so glad I often took the opportunity to tell him what I thought of him while I still could. You really know what is going to happen. Here it is.


I know I don't say it enough so I wanted to tell you
how much I really love you. You have always been
great! Always there for me yet allowing me to make my
own way. I think of you often although I don't always
take the time to let you know. Often a song or a
thought will remind me of you and I think I should
call or stop by and I let it pass. So I thought I
would go ahead and take this opportunity to let you
know that again I am thinking of you.
Often it is a song or two that makes me think of only
you. Singing with you, laughing over stupid words, but
mostly singing with you.
I know life gets in the way and somehow there isn't
always time to do everything I should and this is one
of those things. You have always been at the very top
of my list of most important people and there you
shall remain. (even if I let too much time go by
before I see you)
I just want to let you know my love for you shall
never fade. My opinions of you shall do nothing but get
better. You have never given me less then 100% of
yourself and all and everything you are. You are, I
believe, truly a gift from God. I know we don't see
eye to eye there but how could I have gotten so lucky
with such loving parents if that were not the case.
Luck of the draw maybe? I hit 21!
So longer then I intended though not nearly through
enough to express what it is that I am trying to say.
So I shall use three little too commonly used words,
but they say so much.
I love you! you are my thoughts, my kindness, my
loving, my life. Thank you for being who you were,
willing to show that you are not perfect and not
expecting me to be either.
Love you lots!

No comments: